[Dovecot] v2.0.beta1 released

Luca Corti luca at fantacast.it
Wed Dec 16 05:15:21 EET 2009

On 12/15/2009 10:48 PM, Pascal Volk wrote:
> There were a few API changes in the past. My ManageSieve installation is
> working so far. The necessary modifications are attached as patch.
> (But remember: There is no guarantee …)

Thanks a lot Pascal for sharing the patch. I don't expect guarantees.

I patched and compiled fine, then added

protocols = ... managesieve

and

service managesieve {
   inet_listener {
     port = 2000
   }
}

service managesieve{
}

to dovecot.conf and master.conf respectively.

Seems to work, but complains after login about not finding the active
script.

dovecot: managesieve(someuser): sieve-storage: Active sieve script
symlink /home/someuser/.dovecot.sieve is broken: invalid/unknown path to
storage (points to /somepath/user/sieve/.dovecot.sieve.sieve).

But the script seems to be there as expected. Have you encountered
anything ilike this in your setup?

thanks again

Luca