[Dovecot] v2.0.beta1 released

Pascal Volk user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org
Wed Dec 16 06:01:38 EET 2009

On 12/16/2009 04:15 AM Luca Corti wrote:
>> I patched and compiled fine, then added
>
> protocols = ... managesieve
>
> and
>
> service managesieve {
>    inet_listener {
>      port = 2000
>    }
> }

Are you sure? Or was it: 'service managesieve-login {…}'?
BTW: Use port 4190
http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers:
	(last updated 2009-12-15)
	…
	sieve           4190/tcp   ManageSieve Protocol

> service managesieve{
> }

This is optional.

> Seems to work, but complains after login about not finding the active
> script.
>
> dovecot: managesieve(someuser): sieve-storage: Active sieve script
> symlink /home/someuser/.dovecot.sieve is broken: invalid/unknown path to
> storage (points to /somepath/user/sieve/.dovecot.sieve.sieve).
>
> But the script seems to be there as expected. Have you encountered
> anything ilike this in your setup?

No, I've seen nothing like that. Additional to your above mentioned
settings I've got this settings:

# plugin.conf
plugin {
  sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
  sieve_dir = ~/sieve
  # some none sieve related settings
}

Your userdb returns a home value? I'm asking because one time
/home/someuser and the other one /somepath/user.

Regards,
Pascal
The trapper recommends today: cafebabe.0935004 at localdomain.org