[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.2.+

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Dec 16 22:53:15 EET 2009

On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 12:47 -0800, Tom Mihalicek wrote:
> I forgot to mention that the storageBase is intended to be a SAN mounted
> point (/mailboxes/storage_01,/mailboxes/storage_02) so i can add them as
> they grow in size (i dont like resizing), and that the mail part appends
> (domain.org/u/us/use/user). I could do this with the sepparate LDAP
> attribute that actually joins that two attributes but i tried to make it
> this way.

Home directory is supposed to be a private directory for user. Now
you're using a shared directory as home, and that's going to break some
things. For example .dovecot.lda-dupes file is created to home directory
by deliver, and that's going to fail with your current setup.

So I think you should try to make it so that userdb returns
home=/mailboxes/storage_01/domain.org/u/us/use/user

then in dovecot.conf set everything like:

mail_location = dbox:~/dbox

plugin {
  quota = dict:user::file:%h/dovecot-quota
}

and sieve would automatically be using the home directory.