[Dovecot] v2.0.beta1 released

Luca Corti luca at fantacast.it
Thu Dec 17 21:56:11 EET 2009

On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 05:01 +0100, Pascal Volk wrote:
> > service managesieve {
> >    inet_listener {
> >      port = 2000
> >    }
> > }
>
> Are you sure? Or was it: 'service managesieve-login {…}'?

Right, stupid typo, in the config is obviously correct.

> BTW: Use port 4190
> http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers:
> 	(last updated 2009-12-15)
>> 	sieve           4190/tcp   ManageSieve Protocol

Oh, great. Changed.

> > service managesieve{
> > }
>
> This is optional.

Thanks, I've moved it out.

> No, I've seen nothing like that. Additional to your above mentioned
> settings I've got this settings:
>
> # plugin.conf
> plugin {
>   sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
>   sieve_dir = ~/sieve
>   # some none sieve related settings
> }

Yes, me too:

plugin {
  sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
  sieve_dir = ~/sieve
  sieve_extensions = +notify +imapflags
}

> Your userdb returns a home value? I'm asking because one time
> /home/someuser and the other one /somepath/user.

mail_location = maildir:/somepath/%u

userdb {
  args = blocking=yes
  driver = passwd
}

I added blocking right now because I just realized users are in LDAP.

/home/someuser/.dovecot.sieve is a symlink
to /somepath/user/.dovecot.sieve.sieve

By the way, I just reloaded dovecot with the few changes highligthed in
this mail and it does not give the error I described...

I could also alter my filters from Horde Ingo, but strangely enough it
won't display the currently active script and managesieve does not log
anything anymore about the sieve script not being there.

I tried adding a new sieve fileinto rule, which works. Sent a test mail
which would match the filter and dovecot also logged this

Dec 17 20:45:35 someserver dovecot: lda(someuser):
rename(/somepath/someuser/dovecot-uidvalidity, /somepath/someuser/luca/dovecot-uidvalidity) failed: No such file or directory

But now both sieve and managesieve seem to work.

thanks for your time

Luca