[Dovecot] checking all folders for new mail (IMAP STATUS command)

Florian Effenberger floeff at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 13:51:14 EET 2009

Hi Timo,

> Which v1.0? (Which one's Debian 4.0? :) I wish Debian used Ubuntu-style year+month numbers as versions. The only Debian versions I remember are stable, testing and unstable..)

:-) It's pretty old, dovecot --version returns 1.0.rc15

> Anyway, I don't think there have been any actual STATUS command related bugs in Dovecot. If opening the mailbox shows that there are new mails, it's more likely that it's a Thunderbird bug/configuration issue.

It works fine when I enable this per-folder-query setting in
Thunderbird, but especially on a mobile connection, this causes a lot
of overhead and takes quite a while with my about 50 folders. :-)

>> and IMAP_ENHANCEDIDLE=1 in Courier?
>
> This is done by default, if compiled with dnotify/inotify (dovecot --build-options shows). But it's not related to your problem anyway.

Seems I am lucky then:
Build options: ioloop=poll notify=dnotify ipv6 openssl

;-)
I will try with a recent Dovecot version and follow-up if things don't
work. Thanks for the fast and great help!

Florian