[Dovecot] Vacation: Missing file .dovecot.lda-dupes ?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Feb 2 21:10:20 EET 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 13:56 +0100, Tobias Balle-Petersen wrote:
> Hello....
>
> I'm using the vacation feature, but the vacation reply is sent when ever
> a mail is received. What I want is, that the reply should only be sent
> one time to each user.
>
> My understanding is, that a list of people who have received the
> vacation message should be stored in the file .dovecot.lda-dupes in the
> users folder.

It's stored in the user's home directory. Are you returning a home
directory from your userdb ldap? If not, you could also kludge around it
by adding something like:

plugin {
  home = /home/vmail/%n
}

(Then again if you're not returning a home directory, you may not even
need userdb ldap at all and you could use userdb static instead?)