[Dovecot] Expire plugin does not work

Nicolas Letellier nicolas at nicoelro.net
Wed Feb 4 12:27:37 EET 2009

Hi.

I test expire plugin for my dovecot 1.1.8. But, it seems to not work.
I have 3 mailboxes on my machine.

I want my messages in Junk and Trash expire after 1 day. I removed all messages in them before installing expire plugin.

See my dovecot.conf:
  expire: Trash 1 Junk 1
  expire_dict: proxy::expire

My dabatases in /var/lib/dovecot are used.

When I launch /usr/local/sbin/dovecot --exec-mail ext /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/expire-tool --test, it says:

Info: user3 at domain.tld/Trash: stop, expire time in future: Wed Feb  4 21:00:50 2009

Why this message? I have 3 mailboxes, and the message appears only with this mailbox.
The 2 others mailbox have mails into Trash and Junk folders. And the mail are older than 2 days. An ls -lcs say it.

When I launch /usr/local/sbin/dovecot --exec-mail ext /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/expire-tool, no messages appears. Nothing in my dovecot logs. Nothing (and I set mail_debug).

No messages are deleted.

In a mailbox1, I have this into Junk/cur directory:
 4 -rw-------  1 dovecot  dovecot  3822 Feb  2 13:39 1233569469.M275631P48216.***.***.net,S=3822,W=3945:2,S
 4 -rw-------  1 dovecot  dovecot  3004 Feb  2 15:43 1233585799.M730005P46882.***.***.net,W=3078,S=3004:2,S
 4 -rw-------  1 dovecot  dovecot  3056 Feb  2 17:49 1233587786.M676156P51401.***.***.net,S=3056,W=3132:2,S
 4 -rw-------  1 dovecot  dovecot  3732 Feb  2 17:49 1233592892.M701994P52459.***.***.net,S=3732,W=3823:2,S

We are  Feb 4, and these message are always here. No informations with mail_debug, or with --test parameter.These messages were arrived Feb 2, and they might have this date in dovecot.index.cache...

How expire plugin is working? I don't understand it...

--
 -Nicolas.