[Dovecot] Expire plugin does not work

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Feb 4 19:17:05 EET 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 11:27 +0100, Nicolas Letellier wrote:
> Info: user3 at domain.tld/Trash: stop, expire time in future: Wed Feb  4 21:00:50 2009
>

> Why this message? I have 3 mailboxes, and the message appears only with this mailbox.
> The 2 others mailbox have mails into Trash and Junk folders. And the mail are older than 2 days. An ls -lcs say it.

Dovecot tracks the timestamp when the message was copied to Trash, not
necessary its ctime. So you probably copied the message to Trash on Feb
3 21:00:50, which is why it'll get expunged at Feb 4 21:00:50.

> In a mailbox1, I have this into Junk/cur directory:
>  4 -rw-------  1 dovecot  dovecot  3822 Feb  2 13:39 1233569469.M275631P48216.***.***.net,S=3822,W=3945:2,S
>  4 -rw-------  1 dovecot  dovecot  3004 Feb  2 15:43 1233585799.M730005P46882.***.***.net,W=3078,S=3004:2,S
>  4 -rw-------  1 dovecot  dovecot  3056 Feb  2 17:49 1233587786.M676156P51401.***.***.net,S=3056,W=3132:2,S
>  4 -rw-------  1 dovecot  dovecot  3732 Feb  2 17:49 1233592892.M701994P52459.***.***.net,S=3732,W=3823:2,S
>
> We are  Feb 4, and these message are always here. No informations with mail_debug, or with --test parameter.These messages were arrived Feb 2, and they might have this date in dovecot.index.cache...

Was expire plugin enabled then? If it wasn't, it didn't add them to its
database so it doesn't know about them.