[Dovecot] Dovecot-antispam does not work

Jehan Pagès jehan.marmottard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 13:12:44 EET 2009

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 12:45 AM, Marcin Rzepecki
<m.rzepecki at iem.pw.edu.pl>wrote:

> Yes, it checks if dspam was called correctly, but it didn't worked
> with dovecot >=1.1

> I've comment out checking call_dspam exit status, but:
> ---
> +               call_dspam(item->sig, item->wanted);
>                item = item->next;
> ---
> it calls dspam anyway and it works for me fine.
> I've patched dspam a little bit to make it log better, so when I move
> message to SPAM folder I'm getting:
>

> dspam_stats mr:
> mr                TP:     0 TN:   340 FP:    21 FN:    33 SC:     0 NC: 4
>
> dspam.log:
> Feb  3 21:20:31 freebsd dspam[549]: Message from <None Specified> marked
> as SPAM (signature=4988a7065441870592463, user=mr, status=Retrained,
> time=0.016614s)
> and so on.
>
> dspam_stats mr:
> mr                TP:     0 TN:   339 FP:    21 FN:    34 SC:     0 NC: 4
> So, you should see changes.

I saw this piece of code and did the same as you in my change of course.
Unfortunately, it didn't work (no logged "marked as SPAM", nor change in my
stats. I have dovecot 1.1.7-r1 though, so it is probably the reason.

> > Me I have:
> > Feb  3 22:10:39 ks34186 dovecot: IMAP(jehan at mydomain.tld): antispam:
> plugin
> > initialising (unknown)
> > [...]
> > Feb  3 22:10:39 ks34186 dovecot: IMAP(jehan at mydomain.tld): antispam:
> dspam
> > binary set to /usr/bin/dspam
>
> Seems to be well configured. Check if messages are going to correct
> dspam user. You are using jehan at mydomain.tld as imap user, so dspam user
> have to be exactly the same. (i'm using hash driver, so all is in
> $DSPAM_HOME/data directory).

Ok I will have a look at this dspam user stuffs. I may have misconfigured
some parts... (I forgot to change my real email in my previous message but
it looks that the ml's web archive changes it to some non "easily" readable
by spam bots...).

Thanks.

Jehan