[Dovecot] Deferred emails on alias emails

Thu Feb 5 16:14:35 EET 2009

On 2/5/2009, Jehan Pagès (jehan.marmottard at gmail.com) wrote:
> That's unfortunate, but I cannot do what you say for these reasons. This is
> somehow a question of network neutrality (
> http://dig.csail.mit.edu/breadcrumbs/node/144 ).

Not sure what net neutrality has to do with this... unless you are
syaing you are operating an ISP service?

> But don't make me tell what I don't: I would love to be able to block
> spam and if a secure antispam system appears, then I would use it. I
> don't argue that spam is potentially interesting and that we should
> allow it for people loving it (who?!) of course; the neutrality is
> only lost when the antispam fails and caught non-spam as well,
> because it is then a regulation system which controls people's
> personal data and would improve net experience of many at the price
> of data loss for others.

Even for ISPs, there are a number of ways to dramatically reduce spam
with pretty much zero false positives...

ASSP (and now ASSPS) is a great tool...

http://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/assp/

Forwarding OBVIOUS spam is simply passing on what should be your problem
to others.

--

Best regards,

Charles