[Dovecot] CentOS 5 ... again

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Feb 10 18:27:58 EET 2009

on 2-9-2009 8:07 PM Linux Advocate spake the following:
> guys , i m new to centos. i have learned to use yum and the priority plugin.
>Does the atrpm repo provide the most up to date version of dovecot? i have
the following
>repos configured ->epel and rpm forge besides thestandard base,updates,addons,extras repos.

Atrpms is the most up to date version I have found so far, and it looks like
it is recently up to 1.1.11. They also have the 1.0 branch if you need it. I
usually leave it disabled and only enable it with the
"yum --enablerepo=atrpms update dovecot"
command when I want to update dovecot. It seems a little too "cutting edge"
for my tastes on a server.
Others are OK with it being enabled, so YMMV.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and