[Dovecot] CentOS 5 ... again

Angel Marin anmar at anmar.eu.org
Tue Feb 10 19:02:23 EET 2009

Scott Silva wrote:
> on 2-9-2009 8:07 PM Linux Advocate spake the following:
>> guys , i m new to centos. i have learned to use yum and the priority plugin.
>> Does the atrpm repo provide the most up to date version of dovecot? i have
> the following
>> repos configured ->epel and rpm forge besides thestandard base,updates,addons,extras repos.
>>

> Atrpms is the most up to date version I have found so far, and it looks like
> it is recently up to 1.1.11. They also have the 1.0 branch if you need it. I
> usually leave it disabled and only enable it with the
> "yum --enablerepo=atrpms update dovecot"
> command when I want to update dovecot. It seems a little too "cutting edge"
> for my tastes on a server.
> Others are OK with it being enabled, so YMMV.

If you only want to pull dovecot from atrpms, add a includepkgs option
to the repo definition[1] and leave it enabled. You'll see dovecot
updates just like any other package without having to use the whole repo:

[atrpms]
name=Red Hat Enterprise $releasever - $basearch - ATrpms
baseurl=http://dl.atrpms.net/el$releasever-$basearch/atrpms/stable
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://ATrpms.net/RPM-GPG-KEY.atrpms
enabled=1
includepkgs=dovecot*

[atrpms-testing]
name=Red Hat Enterprise $releasever - $basearch - ATrpms-testing
baseurl=http://dl.atrpms.net/el$releasever-$basearch/atrpms/testing

[1] http://atrpms.net/install.html
--
Angel Marin