[Dovecot] Adding new storage

Romer Ventura rventura at h-st.com
Wed Feb 11 17:24:06 EET 2009

Hello,

	I am about to add more storage to the mail server and would like to
know if it is as simple as it sounds..? I have:
dovecot.conf
mail_location: maildir:~/Maildir/

and
/etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf with:
user_attrs = sAMAccountName=mail=maildir:/home/vmail/%Ud/%Ln/Maildir/

So all the mail gets stored at /home/vmail/%Ud/%Ln/Maildir/  so if i
add a new volume to the VM lets say /dev/disk3 and mount it to /srv/
vmail and then change the user_attrs = sAMAccountName=mail=maildir:/
home/vmail/%Ud/%Ln/Maildir/ to user_attrs =
sAMAccountName=mail=maildir:/srv/vmail/%Ud/%Ln/Maildir/ would it work
with no problem..? I would also need to move all the mailboxes
already in the old location...

I just want to make sure before i do anything..

Thanks