[Dovecot] v1.2.beta1 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Feb 11 18:46:20 EET 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 11:00 +0100, Sascha Wilde wrote:
> Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> writes:
> > http://dovecot.org/releases/1.2/beta/dovecot-1.2.beta1.tar.gz
> > http://dovecot.org/releases/1.2/beta/dovecot-1.2.beta1.tar.gz.sig
>
> Great news!  :-)
>
> [...]
> > There isn't really much left to do for v1.2.0 except some small fixing
> > to shared mailbox code. And writing documentation for it..
>
> Could we by any chance get the latest small changes/enhancements:
> - 'c' and 'd' in setacl

Yes, this will definitely be included. I just wanted to do some tests
before including it and thought it wasn't important enough to delay
beta1 release because of it.

> - Displaying the actual user name instead of meta name "owner" on getacl
>   output (see Bernhards patch in the "IMAP ACLs and global ACLs in v1.2"
>   thread)

That patch appears to be also changing owners to user=x? I wouldn't mind
a patch that showed them to clients as user=x, but I don't want them to
change when something else gets changed. Also I'm not entirely sure how
it should be handled when user=x ACL is changed. Should it remove the
owner? Should it change the owner instead? I think the owner ACLs are
usually in global ACL files, so it's probably not possible to remove or
change it, only add a new user=x.