[Dovecot] Can't remove folder (no thunderbird issue)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Feb 12 18:29:17 EET 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-12 at 10:34 +0100, Jan Niggemann wrote:
> I used Thunderbird to create a folder and called it "test/" (yes, with a slash).
>
> Now, in both, Thunderbird and Mulberry, I'm unable to delete that folder (that contains neither messages nor subfolders). Mulberry doesn't give an error message, and in Thunderbird I can't find an option to remove this folder (no matter if subscribed or not).

Try talking IMAP directly. Then you'll know exactly what's happening.

Either start with: telnet imap.server.org 143
Or: openssl s_client -connect imap.server.org:993

Then start giving commands:

a login username password
b delete test
c unsubscribe test
d list "" *
e lsub "" *

(include the a..e tags at the beginning)

If it's still not gone with those commands, show what replies b..e give?