[Dovecot] unkillable imap process(es) with high CPU-usage

agent59624285 agent59624285 at spamcorptastic.com
Sat Feb 14 18:57:23 EET 2009

I have this EXACT same problem after upgrading to SuSE 11.1, which uses this
exact kernel version!!

After reading this, I was excited to think that if I killed the nfsserver
daemon (which I had running for no good reason), that it would sort my
problem....

Sure enough, my computer - which up to now had been going unresponsive every
24 hours - was running fine for 72 hours and then BOOM... it happened again.

Just wanted to let people know that it seems that at the minute, the dovecot
that ships with SuSE and the kernel they are using in 11.1 exhibit this
problem.

Gino