[Dovecot] unkillable imap process(es) with high CPU-usage

Gene Steinberg gene at macnightowl.com
Sun Feb 15 21:10:25 EET 2009

On Feb 14, 2009, at 9:57 AM, agent59624285 wrote:

> I have this EXACT same problem after upgrading to SuSE 11.1, which
> uses this
> exact kernel version!!
>
> After reading this, I was excited to think that if I killed the
> nfsserver
> daemon (which I had running for no good reason), that it would sort my
> problem....
>
> Sure enough, my computer - which up to now had been going
> unresponsive every
> 24 hours - was running fine for 72 hours and then BOOM... it
> happened again.
>
> Just wanted to let people know that it seems that at the minute, the
> dovecot
> that ships with SuSE and the kernel they are using in 11.1 exhibit
> this
> problem.
>
> Gino

This is sounding similar to the problem I have with my setup:

1. High CPU usage.

2. Can't kill IMAP.

3. Server becomes unresponsive.

I'm using CentOS 5.2 64-bit version with the latest cPanel.

So what am I missing, other than the problem nobody else is having is
clearly something they ARE having?

Peace,
Gene