[Dovecot] Changing level an error logs at

Thomas M Goerger tmg at UMN.EDU
Tue Feb 17 00:26:43 EET 2009

I'd been planning to change the source to redirect some of these errors
from Error to Warn, as that's what it looked like it would take.  I just
wasn't exactly sure what to be looking for.  If I have to change the
source, that's fine.  Unless the change would be too extensive to make it
worthwhile, at least.

The main culprits that are logging to the console are these:

5611    imap(%s): : UIDVALIDITY changed (%d -> %d) in mbox file %s
3610    imap(%s): : Corrupted index cache file %s: indexid changed
 626    imap(%s): : mbox sync: UID inserted in the middle of mailbox %s
(%d >
%d seq=%d, idx_msgs=%d)
 445    imap(%s): : mbox sync: Expunged message reappeared in mailbox %s
(UID
%d < %d seq=%d, idx_msgs=%d)

They're not Dovecot specific, most likely, but coming from our mail
system.  We'd like to know about them, but just not have them log to the
console.

* Tom Goerger  -  Email/Unix System Administrator 			*
* University of Minnesota		       Email:  tmg at umn.edu	*
* Operations, Infrastructure and Architecture  Phone:  4-5804		*
* Internet Services			       Office: 626J WBOB	*