[Dovecot] Maildir hierarchy sep bug ?

Thomas Hummel hummel at pasteur.fr
Tue Feb 17 15:25:03 EET 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 01:28:40PM -0500, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> > as I could with a global
> > configuration with no namespace at all.
>
> Yes, because then the separator is '.' instead of '/'.

I think there is a misunderstanding :

What confused me is that,

  . with global setup (no namespace at all), both '/' and '.' works (from the
    client of the client), i.e. I can, in TB create

    a.b

  or

    a/b

and it will shows up as subfolder b of folder a (and on the server .a.b/ Maildir).

So the separator seems to be both '.' and '/'. I wonder if it is normal.

  . with a private namesapce with '/' as a separator, only '/' is accepted, as
    expected.

--
Thomas Hummel 	    | Institut Pasteur
<hummel at pasteur.fr> | Pôle informatique - systèmes et réseau