[Dovecot] quota and dict quota

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Feb 21 01:12:57 EET 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 17:06 +0100, Osvaldo Alvarez Pozo wrote:

> Now  I want to see the users's use of quota in postfixadmin, wich
> demende the use of dict quota. That is wath I do not understang.
>
> Can I have dict quota and mail_plugins=quota  at the same time?

You have to use mail_plugins=quota to get dict quota working. Since you
didn't post your entire config (use dovecot -n), I'm assuming you're
currently using Maildir++ quota. You can't really use both Maildir++
quota and dict quota at the same time. But there's really no point in
doing that anyway.

You also didn't specify your Dovecot version. If you're using v1.1 you
could enable dict quota pretty easily by just changing the quota=maildir
to quota=dict and setting up other dict quota settings right. With v1.0
you don't really want to use dict quota, it's pretty broken.