[Dovecot] Securing mailboxes and passwords

Daniel Aleksandersen aleksandersen+dovecot at runbox.com
Wed Feb 25 01:38:08 EET 2009

Sendt: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 00:29:17 +0100
Fra: Pascal Volk
> On 25.02.2009 00:25 Daniel Aleksandersen wrote:
> > The recepie assumes I have a group called secmail. I don’t. Am I supposed to create
> > a special group for this purpose?
>
> Yes, if the group does not exists, you have to create it. You could call
> it whatever you want.

I created the group and set the permissions to deliver as described in the recepie. I
then added just about every user to that group. I still get permission errors when
dovecot tries to access my maildir. Setting permissions of the maildir to 777 ‘fixes’
the problem.

Other suggestions? :-)
--
Daniel