[Dovecot] Securing mailboxes and passwords

Pascal Volk user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org
Wed Feb 25 01:49:23 EET 2009

On 25.02.2009 00:38 Daniel Aleksandersen wrote:

> I created the group and set the permissions to deliver as described in the recepie. I
> then added just about every user to that group. I still get permission errors when
> dovecot tries to access my maildir. Setting permissions of the maildir to 777 ‘fixes’
> the problem.
>
> Other suggestions? :-)

According to your mail
<http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2009-February/037726.html>:
your users login with uid=postmaster gid=postmaster?
In this case the owner of the maildirs should be also postamster.
If you execute deliver with your postmaster-user all should be fine.

Regards,
Pascal
--
Ubuntu is an ancient African word meaning “I can’t install Debian.”
                                                         -- unknown