[Dovecot] Setting IMAP keywords/flags on delivery

Matt Doran matt.doran at papercut.com
Thu Jan 8 05:34:34 EET 2009

Bruce Bodger wrote:
> On Wed, January 7, 2009 8:24 pm, Matt Doran wrote:
>

>> I'd like to be able to set this flag/keyword when the mail is delivered
>> to the inbox, on the server side.
>>

> Dovecot sieve will do exactly what you are looking for.  It's described
> quite well in the WIKI.  The operator that you're looking for is,
> 'setflag'.

Thanks Bruce.

That does look interesting!

I've looked at sieve before for other reasons, but ended up not going
with it because it wasn't able to deliver mail to other processes (like
spamassassin and more importantly a home-grown support/ticket system we
developed).    Maybe that's changed since I last looked??

We're currently using maildrop for filtering and local delivery.

Do you know if there's a way to integrate the two?   Possibly using
maildrop to start, and then do the final delivery through sieve?

Or is there another way to achieve this?

Thanks again,
Matt