[Dovecot] flat file dict

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Jul 19 20:15:34 EEST 2009

On Jul 19, 2009, at 6:01 AM, Sven Strickroth wrote:

> Am 18.07.2009 23:42 schrieb Sven Strickroth:
>> How do I use acl_shared_dict? Especially with file:-dictionary.
>
> Finally I found out. A mapping entry consists of two lines:
> shared/shared-boxes/(user|group)/(grant to)/(owner user)
> 1
>
> If I use a group only the primary group name is checked. Is this
> intended? Especially if you want to set up shared mailboxes suppliment
> groups help.

What do you mean by primary and supplementary groups? User's list of
groups are listed in acl_groups setting. None of them is treated as
primary. The user's UNIX groups aren't used for ACL checks at all.

Also why do you care about what the file's contents look like? You
shouldn't be modifying them manually..