[Dovecot] virtual plugin question

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jul 22 18:53:53 EEST 2009

On Jul 22, 2009, at 9:01 AM, Nikita Koshikov wrote:

> Here is my config section, which I added to enable virtual plugin:
> namespace private {
>    prefix = Company/
>    separator = /
>    location = virtual:/var/mail/virtual
>    subscriptions = no
> }
> and "virtual" to mail_plugins in imap and lda section. Full dovecot -
> n config provided at the end of this message.
> I'm not sure, if it is save to enable virtual location for all users
> using the same path, but the main goal for me - to create dovecot-
> virtual files once for all users. Maybe INDEX-es should be
> personalize for this setup work correct ?

Yes, since each user's virtual mailbox would look different the index
files have to be also separate for each user. Otherwise they'll just
be recreated every time.

location = virtual:/var/mail/virtual:INDEX=~/virtual

Or something like that.

> (no debugging symbols found)
..
> (gdb) bt full
> #0  0xb7f6157c in ?? () from /usr/lib/dovecot/imap/
> lib20_virtual_plugin.so
> No symbol table info available.
> #1  0x083895d8 in ?? ()

Still, it shouldn't crash. This backtrace with only "??" isn't useful.
Having debugging symbols would help a lot in fixing this crash.