[Dovecot] virtual plugin question

Nikita Koshikov koshikov at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 21:12:14 EEST 2009

I'm find out how to reproduce the bug.
Config setting  contains "location = virtual:/var/mail/virtual" for all users.

1. User1 (with subscribed virtual mailboxes) login and check his virtual dirs.
2. User2 login to server, subscribe to the same virtual mailboxes and checks them.
3. User1 trying to check his virtual mailbox get segmentation fault.

> Yes, since each user's virtual mailbox would look different the index
> files have to be also separate for each user. Otherwise they'll just
> be recreated every time.
>
> location = virtual:/var/mail/virtual:INDEX=~/virtual
>
> Or something like that.

After I posted my message, I changed location to include INDEX option for testing and server works without any errors(about 4 hours with using virtual mailboxes), so adding INDEX fix the problem.

> > (no debugging symbols found)
> ..
> > (gdb) bt full
> > #0  0xb7f6157c in ?? () from /usr/lib/dovecot/imap/
> > lib20_virtual_plugin.so
> > No symbol table info available.
> > #1  0x083895d8 in ?? ()
>
> Still, it shouldn't crash. This backtrace with only "??" isn't useful.
> Having debugging symbols would help a lot in fixing this crash.

My current dovecot installation include --enable-devel-checks, but every core file that I got was with this ?? signs. Maybe I attach core file to wrong binary, I have tried with imap and imap-login - both looks the same.