[Dovecot] sieve filtering setup

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Thu Jul 30 18:12:47 EEST 2009

Jonathan Siegle schreef:
> I'm looking at implementing sieve in my environment.
> Software is:
> dovecot-1.2-sieve revision 1022:3c9a22c28156
> dovecot-1.2 revision 9269:a303bb82c1c9
> AIX 5.3 with sendmail mta using prescribed deliver lda.
>
>  I have a few questions. I'll have 110k sieve files(1 for each user).
> Does sieve read the file each time a new message is accepted by
> sendmail? Are there any measurements on cpu load for sieve filters?
If all is configured correctly, the Sieve scripts are compiled once each
time they are changed or created. After that, the deliver LDA only reads
the compiled binary from disk for each message. Since the LDA is called
separately for each message, there is no way to keep the Sieve binary in
memory between messages.

I've not seen any benchmarks thus far.

Regards,

--