[Dovecot] dovecot and ntp: Fatal: Time just moved backwards

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Sat Jun 6 21:50:33 EEST 2009

Sorry for the top post and lack of snipping this email down, I'm using
a mobile phone.

Can you explain why the system clock gets so far out of time? I
certainly struggle with crime drifting even on an always network
connected machine, but I'm not understanding why your machine can not
maintain time within a very small margin of error even if turned off
for months.
--
Scott
Iphone says hello.