[Dovecot] dovecot and ntp: Fatal: Time just moved backwards

Arno Wald arno.wald at netcologne.de
Sat Jun 6 22:00:33 EEST 2009

Scott Haneda wrote:
> Can you explain why the system clock gets so far out of time?

No, I cannot, I do not know. Is it possible that the clock is out of order?

I did compare the times with another PC that is ntpd controlled. And
after 1 hour the times differ for 1 second again. It seems that my PC is
too fast :)

After some days (I do not know when the last ntp-sync did really happen
because of the problems with ntpd that I have described) my PC was about
2 minutes in the future.