[Dovecot] dovecot and ntp: Fatal: Time just moved backwards

Arno Wald arno.wald at netcologne.de
Sun Jun 7 00:43:28 EEST 2009

Juergen Daubert wrote:
> Chrony is what you are looking for, see http://chrony.sunsite.dk/

chrony does exactly look like what I need. But there is one big
disadvantage when using it on manual dial up PCs: You have to configure
the NTP-servers by IP-address instead of there names. I do not like to
hardcode IP-addresses in a config file. (Also server-pools will not work
(if I am right) where one server name returns different IP addresses
each time for better load balancing or whatever.)

It would be much better if chrony would look up the server addresses
again when it does recieve the "online" state command. It seems that
there is no option to turn on such a functionality.

Thanks,
Arno