[Dovecot] dovecot and ntp: Fatal: Time just moved backwards

Arno Wald arno.wald at netcologne.de
Sun Jun 7 01:08:26 EEST 2009

Arno Wald wrote:
> It would be much better if chrony would look up the server addresses
> again when it does recieve the "online" state command. It seems that
> there is no option to turn on such a functionality.

For completeness, even if it is getting OT in this mailing list (Sorry):

http://chrony.sunsite.dk/faq.php#question_5.2
"The problem is that chronyd (currently) isn't designed in a way that
allows hostname->IP address lookups during normal operation.  I hope to
work on this problem very soon." (How old is this entry? ;) )

The solution is to restart chrony at ppp ip-up:

My /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/chrony now is:
#!/bin/sh

sleep 1
invoke-rc.d chrony restart
sleep 1

... the original unmodified script follows here ...