[Dovecot] IMP reading entire mailbox

Chris O'Regan chris at encs.concordia.ca
Tue Jun 9 23:01:48 EEST 2009

> Corrupted index cache file /local/data/dovecot/indexes/mail/X/XXXXXXXX/.imap/delivery.log/dovecot.index.cache: Broken MIME parts for mail UID 30880

DUH! Please ignore the Corrupted index cache file; the "mailbox" in
question is a file named delivery.log (i.e. procmail log file) that is
in the user's ~/mail directory. Of course there will be problems trying
to index this file, it is not an mbox! *sigh*

Okay, I think this rules out an indexing problem. But the main problem
persists, why has IMP all of a sudden begun reading the entire contents
of this user's mailbox each time it connects, and why has the started
since upgrading to Dovecot?

I have another hunch. Time to speak to the user...

Many thanks for the help so far!

--
Chris O'Regan <chris at encs.concordia.ca>
Senior Unix Systems Administrator, Academic IT Services