[Dovecot] IMP reading entire mailbox

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jun 9 23:45:35 EEST 2009

On Jun 9, 2009, at 1:22 PM, Chris O'Regan wrote:

>> The inode might change, but then again after the next recreation it
>> could get the original inode back. But you could run idxview program
>> and it'll show the cache file's file_seq which always increases:
>
> Here is the file sequence for the cache file that corresponds to the
> problematic mailbox:
>
> file_seq ............. = 1243426033 (2009-05-27 08:07:13) (13
> compressions)

So it looks like the cache file doesn't actually get deleted? Make a
copy of the dovecot.index* files and delete the cache file. Perhaps
the error goes away then? If that helps, I could then ask you to
copy&paste some of the idxview results from the copy so I could figure
out why it wasn't really deleting the file.

Or are you sure you're looking at the right index files, in the right
mailbox? :)