[Dovecot] auth_cache multiple passwords ?

Geoffroy Desvernay dgeo at centrale-marseille.fr
Fri Jun 12 16:45:12 EEST 2009

Hi,
First, thanks Timo and Stefan for this great IMAP/Sieve implementation...

We are using 1.1.16+cmu_sieve/managesieve additions for now (following
releases since ~ 1.0.1).

We have a specific problem here with auth-cache:
We use direct imap/sieve connection from different clients, using LDAP
password: everything is fine.

The problem appears with our webmail access using a web-SSO system
(jasig's CAS), using one-time-tickets as password for imap connections
(checked by pam_cas module for now).

For a single webmail connection par login, it work, thanks to cache_key
using client's IP.

But for multiple use of the same login in the webmail, there are more
than one 'password' valid at a time…

What may be the 'correct' solution:
 - patching auth-cache.c (auth_cache_lookup function ?)
 - writing a different login backend ?
 - ???

Hope I'm clear enough…
--