[Dovecot] enourmous amount of disc writes

Rainer Sigl sigl at mpe.mpg.de
Mon Jun 15 17:22:11 EEST 2009

Hi Robert,
many thanks for your answer!
Yes I'm aware of the necessity to upgrade the complete system. Beside
this I wanted to search for a quick solution. Upgrading the system
entails many other things and is in my eyes not possible on the living
system.
Did you ever measure the ioactiviy with iostat on your machine?
Please tell me the output values. Which hardware do you use?
I have a RAID5 with 3ware 7000 series.
Regards
Rainer

--
Rainer Sigl,                      | email: sigl at mpe.mpg.de
MPI f. extraterrestrische Physik, | phone: +49 (89) 30000-3557
Postfach 1312,                    | fax:   +49 (89) 30000-3569
D-85741 Garching, Germany         | web:   http://www.mpe.mpg.de/~sigl/