[Dovecot] Problem migration from Courier-Imap to Dovecot

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Jun 19 02:14:50 EEST 2009

On Thu, 2009-06-18 at 18:03 -0500, Jose Luis Marin Perez wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Please could explain to you mean that the client has not subscribed to
> the mailbox?

Mailbox subscriptions are kind of like bookmarks. It's not necessary to
use them. Some clients use them, some don't. The subscriptions are
managed using SUBSCRIBE and UNSUBSCRIBE IMAP commands. IMAP servers
never automatically subscribe or unsubscribe to any mailboxes.

> my doubt is because in another version of Courier-Imap when creating
> folders via webmail file courierimapsubscribed is created
> automatically .

I doubt that Courier version had anything to do with it. More likely
just that webmail subscribed automatically to created mailboxes. It may
even be some webmail setting that is different.