[Dovecot] Quota_rules ignored

Pascal Volk user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org
Fri Jun 19 03:30:07 EEST 2009

On 06/19/2009 01:59 AM A. Gideonse wrote:
> I just did some research on the server and you are completely right.
> When I look at the /etc/init.d/dovecot script I see that the daemon is
> loaded at /usr/sbin/dovecot. If I request the version in that directory
> I indeed get the old version number. Now my problem is that I seem to
> have to installations of dovecot now, with the older one running and the
> newer one being idle. Is there an easy way to solve this issue? I tried
> stopping the service, then changing the DAEMON variable in the
> /etc/init.d/dovecot file and starting it again, but that didn't work.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Please note: the older version was installed using 'apt-get', the newer
> version was installed by compiling from source. As additional
> information: the server is currently using the JEOS distribution (thus
> Ubuntu).
>
> NB. Thank to Charles, this message will hopefully be posted inline now ;).

Have a look at your source directory, e.g. /usr/local/src/dovecot-1.1.16
Inside the the the doc directory you will find a init script
(dovecot-initd.sh).
If the file is not there, have a look at:
http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.2/file/5ee5def4f0ff/doc/dovecot-initd.sh
Read the comments in the script.
See also update-rc.d(8) for information how to 'activate' the script.

Regards
Pascal
The trapper recommends today: deadbeef.0917002 at localdomain.org