[Dovecot] Managesieve fails to retrieve scripts > 8kB on Dovecot 1.1.16

John Marshall john.marshall at riverwillow.com.au
Wed Jun 24 10:40:11 EEST 2009

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009, 18:29 +0200, Stephan Bosch wrote:
> John Marshall wrote:
>
> >   --< snip: 169 lines removed >--
> >  # This is a sieve script file fuNO "Unknown error"
> >
> There's our problem. There's only one location in the sources where this
> most informative error can occur :) . Apparently, Timo has fixed an old
> bug in the Dovecot stream implementation. This bugfix triggers a problem
> in ManageSieve that uses an older section of code of the imap daemon.
> Timo provided the solution and I've committed the fix:
>
> http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-1.1-managesieve/rev/75c9769339b8
>
> Please apply this to your managesieve source and check whether the
> problem is gone. I'll make a new release when all is ok.

Thank you Stephan,

Was the patch for cmd-getscript.c the only patch?  I applied that patch
to cmd-getscript.c and rebuilt.  That eliminated the informative error
message but still does not return the entire script.

  GETSCRIPT "test_9000"
  {9223}
  # This is a sieve script file full of comments
   --< snip: 169 lines removed >--
  # This is a sieve script file fu
  OK "Getscript completed."

Regards,