[Dovecot] Managesieve fails to retrieve scripts > 8kB on Dovecot 1.1.16

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Tue Jun 23 19:29:16 EEST 2009

John Marshall wrote:

>    --< snip: 169 lines removed >--
>   # This is a sieve script file fuNO "Unknown error"

There's our problem. There's only one location in the sources where this
most informative error can occur :) . Apparently, Timo has fixed an old
bug in the Dovecot stream implementation. This bugfix triggers a problem
in ManageSieve that uses an older section of code of the imap daemon.
Timo provided the solution and I've committed the fix:

http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-1.1-managesieve/rev/75c9769339b8

Please apply this to your managesieve source and check whether the
problem is gone. I'll make a new release when all is ok.

Regards,

Stephan.