[Dovecot] Problem with sieve and german umlauts

M. Bobkiewicz dovliste at reproheinatz.de
Mon Jun 29 12:04:26 EEST 2009

Dear list,
I?m running a postfix (2.5.6) / Dovecot (1.1.11) on a Centos 5.2 box.
I?ve written a small gui application to simply create Out of Office
replys with sieve. The resulting code did work with maildrop without any
problems. Now sieve fails when it meets any german umlauts like ä or ü.
It just stops compiling the scripts and complains about the missing
"};". A simple fix is to just replace the umlauts, but that doesn?t meet
the expectations of my users. Is there any escape code I could use or
any way to place the mail text outside the script?

Best regards,

  Mike