[Dovecot] System users, mbox format and global ACLs

Axel Luttgens AxelLuttgens at swing.be
Tue Jun 30 23:46:43 EEST 2009

Le 28 juin 09 à 18:26, Axel Luttgens a écrit :

> [...]
> Is such a file supposed to be created there?
> If yes, why? I would have tended to believe that it is more a server
> internal matter than a name having to appear in the namespace.
> [...]

Re-reading the above, I thought it could be worth to somewhat elaborate.

Once the file ~/_mailboxes/dovecot-acl-list has been created, it in
fact becomes a SELECTable mailbox!
And it is impossible to get rid of it, as it is immediately re-created
upon a LIST command:

	# telnet 127.0.0.1 imap
	Trying 127.0.0.1...
	Connected to localhost.
	Escape character is '^]'.
	* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
AUTH=PLAIN] Dovecot ready.
	a1 login testuser ******
	a1 OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID
ENABLE SORT THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT IDLE
CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE QRESYNC
ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH] Logged in
	a2 list "" %
	* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" "dovecot-acl-list"
	* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" "Sent"
	* LIST (\HasNoChildren \UnMarked) "/" "INBOX"
	a2 OK List completed.
	a3 delete dovecot-acl-list
	a3 OK Delete completed.
	a4 list "" %
	* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" "dovecot-acl-list"
	* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" "Sent"
	* LIST (\HasNoChildren \UnMarked) "/" "INBOX"
	a4 OK List completed.
	a5 select dovecot-acl-list
	* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft)
	* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft \*)]
Flags permitted.
	* 0 EXISTS
	* 0 RECENT
	* OK [UIDVALIDITY 1] UIDs valid