[Dovecot] Recommended Groupware?

Julio C. Ortega jortega at onuva.com
Mon Jun 29 16:00:46 EEST 2009

it-dovecot at ml.epigenomics.com escribió:
> Hi,
>
> is there a recommended groupware (email + calendar + address book +
> syncing with mobile devices) on top of an existing dovecot installation?
>
> Most existing commercially supported groupwares come with their own mail
> storage engine. I would like to keep dovecot as the email storage engine
> because of the maildir format which greatly helps with backup & restore.
>
> Regards

Hello.

We extensively use horde-{groupware/webmail/etc} for us and our clients
with really good success. you can even integrate it with LDAP to have
calendar availability and such. Integrates very well with lighting even
if you're using a "heavy" client (such as thunderbird/icedove/whatnot)

The best part of horde it's that is totally independent of your MDA and
MTA solutions, but of course, we prefer to run it over postfix+dovecot.
a real performance winner.

HTH.

--
Julio C. Ortega