[Dovecot] Recommended Groupware?

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Mon Jun 29 20:28:15 EEST 2009

it-dovecot at ml.epigenomics.com wrote :

> is there a recommended groupware (email + calendar + address book +
> syncing with mobile devices) on top of an existing dovecot installation?
>
> Most existing commercially supported groupwares come with their own mail
> storage engine. I would like to keep dovecot as the email storage engine
> because of the maildir format which greatly helps with backup & restore.

Someone already suggested horde/imp, and that is probably the best free
solution. For a partially free but mostly proprietary solution (all
java based), you can check out Open-Xchange, as it does everything you
mention (and more), and integrates fine with dovecot in "standard"
ways (IMAP quotas, sieve rules including "vacation"), which is really
nice.

Matthias

Fedora release 10 (Cambridge) - Linux kernel
2.6.27.25-170.2.72.fc10.x86_64 Load : 0.15 0.13 0.10