[Dovecot] [Help] How get the complete CAPABILITY list?

tao.6.yang at nokia.com tao.6.yang at nokia.com
Fri Mar 27 11:21:10 EET 2009

I run a telnet localhost 143 to get into my loopback installation of Dovecot on Ubuntu8.04
I have the auth default {} containing the following auth mechanisms,

auth default:
           mechanisms : plain login cram-md5 digest-md5

I had an user which is called user1, I do the following after telnet localhost 143

A Login user1 <user1's pwd>
A CAPABILITY

I expect to get the list that contains the following -
AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN AUTH=CRAM-MD5 AUTH=DIGEST-MD5

But actually I did not get the above content, I only get a short list as below,

CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 SASL -IR SORT THREAD=REFERENCES MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT LITERAL+ IDLE CHILDREN NAMESPACE LOGIN-REFERRALS
 A OK Capability completed

Why did I miss the AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN AUTH=CRAM-MD5 AUTH=DIGEST-MD5??

Please kindly let me know what I missed for the configuration.

Thanks,
taoyang