[Dovecot] 1.11 bug?: file client-common.c: line 25 (client_unlink): assertion failed: (clients_count > 0)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Mar 31 19:16:51 EEST 2009

On Mar 30, 2009, at 2:59 AM, Long Le Dinh wrote:

> Yes Timo, found "Warning: Killed with signal 15" in the log. What
> can be "something" that killed dovecot?

Does it happen at the same time every day? If so, it's most likely a
cronjob. Otherwise I'm not sure, are there more admins and one of them
would be restarting Dovecot? In any case:

> Mar 26 17:18:43 Warning: Killed with signal 15
..
> Mar 26 17:18:46 Info: dovecot v1.1.11 starting up (core dumps
> disabled)

There is only 3 second difference, so most likely /etc/init.d/dovecot
restart was called.

The crashes still shouldn't be happening though, but they're invisible
to users since they would have been disconnected in any case.