[Dovecot] Can expire-tool skip folders with "expire time in future" errors?

Ralph Seichter dovecot-ml at seichter.de
Tue May 26 14:03:51 EEST 2009

Timo Sirainen wrote:

> > Info: user/Trash: stop, expire time in future: [...]
>
> It should log that only when you use --test parameter.

You're right, I've used the --test parameter to see what's going on.

> Anyway it's not an error. It just means that all the rest of the
> mailboxes have future timestamps, and expire-tool has finished its
> work.

I have folders containing messages which have been moved there -- either
by the sieve plugin or manually in Thunderbird -- days or even weeks ago.
The messages are not removed even with an expire time of "somefolder 1".

So far, I thought that the expire plugin stops when the first "expire
time in future" ist detected, but if I understand you correctly, this
message implicitely means that there are no more messages at all to be
expired?

What can I do to find out why some folders don't seem to be processed by
the expire plugin? Is there any debugging/logging data I can look into?

-R