[Dovecot] Expire-Plugin segmentation fault (Re: Can expire-tool skip folders with "expire time in future" errors?)

Ralph Seichter dovecot-ml at seichter.de
Fri May 29 18:26:26 EEST 2009

Timo Sirainen wrote:

> Anyway it's not an error. It just means that all the rest of the
> mailboxes have future timestamps, and expire-tool has finished its work.

I upgraded to Dovecot 1.1.15, but expire still gives me trouble. I keep
seeing the following error repeatedly now:

  dict: db(secondary, ): unable to allocate space from the buffer cache
  dict: sdb.open() failed: Cannot allocate memory
  dict:
  dict: db(/var/lib/dovecot/expire.db) open failed
  dict: Failed to initialize dictionary 'expire'

When I run the expire-tool manually or by cron job, it dies with a
segmentation fault, so effectively I currently cannot use expire at all.

-R