[Dovecot] Missing 'mailbox' variable ?

David Goncalves david at lestat.st
Tue Nov 10 00:44:17 EET 2009

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 23:23 +0100, David Goncalves wrote:
>> I finally used 'homeDirectory' and 'mailMessageStore' with the full
>> mailbox path because i want to avoid using absolute paths in the
>> config files.
>
> Used how? Since it's not possible to nicely combine them yet, it sounds
> like you're still doing it in a potentially broken/dangerous way.

dovecot-ldap.conf :
   user_attrs =
qmailUID=uid,qmailGID=gid,homeDirectory=home,mailMessageStore=mail

dovecot.conf :
   mail_location = ~/

LDAP :
  homeDirectory    = /opt/mailboxes/MyMailBox/
  mailMessageStore = /opt/mailboxes/MyMailBox/

You think there is something bad doing like that ?

--
David Goncalves - http://www.lestat.st