[Dovecot] Missing 'mailbox' variable ?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Nov 10 00:47:59 EET 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 23:44 +0100, David Goncalves wrote:
> Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 23:23 +0100, David Goncalves wrote:
> >> I finally used 'homeDirectory' and 'mailMessageStore' with the full
> >> mailbox path because i want to avoid using absolute paths in the
> >> config files.
> >
> LDAP :
>   homeDirectory    = /opt/mailboxes/MyMailBox/
>   mailMessageStore = /opt/mailboxes/MyMailBox/

Oh, you meant you put full paths to LDAP. Sure, that's fine. Although it
would be preferable to not have home = mail.
http://wiki.dovecot.org/VirtualUsers/Home explains why.

Also if home and mail are related, it's not really necessary to return
mail from userdb. You could just set mail_location and use ~/ to refer
to home.