[Dovecot] deliver is ignoring mail_access_groups

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Nov 16 21:47:10 EET 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 19:14 +0000, Peter Borg wrote:
> Doh. Of course.... knew it would be something obvious. What threw me is that it had correct permissions aside from this.
>
> It's being called by postfix with -d through mailbox_command - I'm digging through postfix config now, if there's a way I can do this without making deliver setuid I'd be much happier....

I don't think Postfix allows running it as root. But since you're using
mailbox_command, Postfix already looks up the user's groups from
somewhere. Perhaps there's something you can do to make Postfix add
access to the wanted extra group?

I suppose the long term solution for this will be to use Dovecot's LMTP
server.